Bug report #61
digitizing shapefile: how to start digitizing is obscure; how to add, move, delete vertices?
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Debian||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||10120|
1. open line shapefile
2. press "Capture line", left click on map
3. you are told "... Use 'Start editing' in the legend item menu"
4. OK now - where is this 'Start editing':
5. right click on on the layer name - no
6. right click on on the icon below layer name - no
7. but there is "Show file groups", let's check it
8. done; now expand "Files"
9. my "smieci.shp" becomes visible; let's right click it
10. done; propably I need to press "Allow editing" (but I was told to look for 'Start editing', hm?)
11. done; I can now add lines
Could it be somewhat simpler and the naming preserved?
And how do I activate "Delete seleted", "Add vertex", "Delete vertex", "Move vertex". Are still still not implemented?
#1 Updated by Marco Hugentobler over 17 years ago
- Status changed from Open to In Progress
The layers are now editable by default (if supported by the provider). "Delete seleted", "Add vertex", "Delete vertex", "Move vertex" are still not possible for shapefiles because the OGR library does not support it.
"Add vertex", "Delete vertex", "Move vertex" are also not fully functional for postgis layers at the moment.