Bug report #5486
SRS error for new SpatiaLite layer in old SL DBs
|Affected QGIS version:||master
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||15104
When creating a new Spatialite vector, selecting a SRS results in an error:
Impossible to load SRIDS: no such table: spatial_ref_sys
No problem with shp. Master from yesterday.
- Priority changed from Normal to Severe/Regression
This should affect also the code frozen for the 1.8 release, so I'll tag this as blocker as is a regression.
Is the real message "Failed to load SRIDS"?
Yes, it was my dummy backtranslation from the IT GUI.The real message is:
Failed to load SRIDS: no such table: spatial_ref_sys
as you guessed.
I can create a new spatialite layer without SRS problem (master branch from today). Is the ticket still valid?
Just checked, with today's master, same error.
Self packaged on Debian testing with master debian/rules
works fine on ubuntu 11.04 and qgis master from the nightly build repo.
same here on Debian/wheezy and QGIS master (173e9ad), everything works fine!
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Looks like a package problem to me then.
- Subject changed from SRS error for new SpatiaLite layer to SRS error for new SpatiaLite layer in old SL DBs
- Assignee set to Giuseppe Sucameli
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
- Category changed from Projection Support to Data Provider
It was not due to compilation, but to a change in SL provider, I think: spatial_ref_sys of old SL db are not recognized. This could be a bug in itself.
- Priority changed from Severe/Regression to Normal
Unable to reproduce it. Probably the problem depends on the used database (old or what?).
Could you provide a small dataset to reproduce it?
See subject and comment #9: yes, this is due to old DBs
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Reopened to Closed
Probably that db has no spatial_ref_sys table and then it's an invalid SL database.
Also available in: Atom