Bug report #4537
Unfilled Selected polygons not shown: boundaries not highlighted
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14453|
If the style of the vector layer consists of unfilled polygons,
selected polygons do not show up: boundaries of selected polygons should be highlighted.
(this could be considered a new feature, but I think that this is rather a bug, as the
result is that selected polygons are not highlighted).
#3 Updated by alobo - over 8 years ago
- Affected QGIS version set to master
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
1. In old Symbology, selection is not displayed as filled yellow (or the color set by the user for selected features)
2. In new Symbology, selection is displayed as filled yellow (or the color set by the user for selected features),
but the suggestion I make for this case of unfilled polygons is to mark in yellow the outline of the selected polygones (i.e., as when you select a line). If the user has set unfilled as style, this is because seeing through
the polygon layer is important.
At least an option?
#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 8 years ago
- Operating System deleted (
- Priority changed from Normal to High
One more thing:
if a polygon is filled with a SVG with no round corners (to all the area is covered by the svg patch), then if the polygon is selected... the selection color is all overlapped by the svg symbols... so there is no visible selection.
The selection color/style MUST be applied also to polygons borders, this is really important for most of everyday/common users.
#10 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 1 year ago
- Resolution set to end of life
- Status changed from Open to Closed
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR