Bug report #4487
Crash when splitting polygons in shp file
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14413|
I have noticed that when splitting polygons from a large polygon, then editing the attributes of the new polygons in a shp file that QGIS frequently crashes.
The order of edits is:
1) select split polygon tool
2) left click on existing border/vertex of the polygon
3) left click to create additional vertices
4) right click to close new polygon against existing border/vertex
5) select the new polygon
6) amend desired attributes
7) save (then repeat for additional polygons)
The crash tends to occur (frequently, but not every time) at step 4.
I have found that clearing the selection before saving prevents the crash.
I have attached the problem signature generated during the crash.
#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 9 years ago
- Target version set to Version 1.8.0
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
sorry, the described procedure is not clear.
all steps other the first seems to be related to adding new features with the polygon capture or editing existing features with the node tool, while the title of this ticket and the first step seem related to the "split features" tool.
Please leave feedback.