Bug report #4451
(regression) Inconsistent behavior in the table of attributes after digitizing new geometries and clicking on the "save" icon
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||14381|
The issue is rather easy to replicate but I can't find the proper words to describe it briefly, so I'll list instead a few steps.
- add a shapefile (I tested with polygons, not sure is important)
- open the attribute table (I tested with it docked, not sure is important)
- add a new polygon and enter the values for the attribute table when the window pops-up
- so far so good
- click on the "save edits" button
- start digitize a new geometry, the row of the geometry digitized before saving the edits become full of "ERROR"
- if you select the row now full of "ERROR" the respective geometry is not selected in the canvas
- the "delete feature" button is still active, you can even delete that "selected" feature, but then when toggling off the editing mode, you'll get
@Could not commit changes to layer XXX
Errors: ERROR: 1 feature(s) not [email protected]
- if you don't try remove one of these "selected" features, you can exit normally the edit mode -> the table of attributes will still show the row full of "ERROR", but closing the table and reopening it will show the right attributes as expected.
Tested on trunk on Ubuntu and Windows.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 9 years ago
- Subject changed from Inconsistent behavior in the table of attributes after digitizing new geometries and clicking on the "save" icon to (regression) Inconsistent behavior in the table of attributes after digitizing new geometries and clicking on the "save" icon
- Target version set to Version 1.7.2
it is a regression, in QGIS 1.6 there isn't this issue.
I noticed also that after adding a feature and seeing the table of attributes cells become full of "ERROR", it just needed to click on a column title (and reorder somehow the rows) to see the right values show. If not doing it you can always fall into the error situation described above.