Feature request #4383
ftools: Improve how processes are handled
|Assignee:||cfarmer -||% Done:|
|Target version:||Future Release - Nice to have|
||Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
See also https://issues.qgis.org/issues/3810#note-6
The suggestion would be to improve them the same way as the gdal tools processes are handled: launching a process does not "block" qgis as it runs in the background, and a user can still work with the main program.
For large datasets this is a must.
Merge shapefiles to one, Simplify geometries, Densify geometries and Create spatial index tools now runs in separate thread and don't block QGIS main window (see commmits commit:48112cc1bc, commit:ad1a4e2cde and commit:26528def45)
Split vector layer now also runs in separate thread (commit:a00ef42a75)
- Target version set to Version 1.7.4
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from Open to Closed
This would need to be implemented in Processing tools.
Also available in: Atom