Feature request #4383
ftools: Improve how processes are handled
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
||Copied to github as #:||14315
See also #3810-6
The suggestion would be to improve them the same way as the gdal tools processes are handled: launching a process does not "block" qgis as it runs in the background, and a user can still work with the main program.
For large datasets this is a must.
Merge shapefiles to one, Simplify geometries, Densify geometries and Create spatial index tools now runs in separate thread and don't block QGIS main window (see commmits 48112cc1bc, ad1a4e2cde and 26528def45)
Split vector layer now also runs in separate thread (a00ef42a75)
- Target version set to Version 1.7.4
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
This would need to be implemented in Processing tools.
The "ftools" category is being removed from the tracker, changing the category of this ticket to "Processing/QGIS" to not leave the category orphaned.
- Easy fix? set to No
- Description updated (diff)
Also available in: Atom