Feature request #3524
Vector layer placement in leged on adding a new one
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||13584|
Current QGIS version adds vector layers in some random order (as selected?) if multiple vector layers are added at the same time. It would be nice to sort those new layers by type: points at the top, lines in the middle, polygons at the bottom. IMHO rasters also should go to the bottom by default.
#1 Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 12 years ago
I think the order is the same as in the TOC, which seems appropriate because is the same order as they are shown. Please expalin if I'm missing something, or close this down otherwise. Thanks.
#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 11 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 11 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 2.0.0
#4 Updated by Pirmin Kalberer over 10 years ago
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Nice to have
#5 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Assignee deleted (
Hello, bug triage...
I don't know what to do with this feature request...
For the moment, layers from all connections dialog boxes and from vector files are opened in the reverse alphabetic order name of the layer.
We could have the following:
- Stack with alphabetic name order.
- Stack with file selection order (QFileDialog that keeps the clicks order).
- Stack with the "geometric" rule: Points layers on top, followed by Lines layers followed by polygons layers.
- Stack with a custom "geometric" rule made by the user (who set the geometric order according to what he wants).
Perhaps we need to introduce a dedicated setting for this in Settings -> Canvas & Legend -> Layer legend (or another GroupBox) ?
#6 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 7 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 6 years ago
- Easy fix? set to No