Feature request #3472
Enhancement: create by length/angle / Rotate feature
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||13532|
I am looking for some feature creation tools similar to those available in a proprietary software that I think will help promote QGIS to new users.
What I am looking for are:
The option when creating lines (or sections of a polygon) to specify the angle, and the ability to specify the length of each segment being created.
Also the ability to rotate polygons and lines after creation. This will assist in exactly placing objects on a map.
These could be implemented on a right click while digitizing each new node of a line or polygon.
Another nice feature would be a status in the bottom status bar (near coordinates) of how long the segment you are creating is.
#1 Updated by alobo - over 8 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
Making polygons by fixed length exists in plugin Enhanced polygon capture.
Rotate is possible with plugin Rectangles, Ovals and diamonds. Perhaps
the rotation tool should be promoted to become a more standard digitizing
tool (i.e., like the Move Features). It also should be
universal (i.e., right now you cannot rotate a grid or even a line, just polygons).
#4 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX almost 5 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Hello, bug triage...
in QGIS 2.13 master (and probably for previous versions) you natively have:
- the ability to rotate polygons and polylines after creation with the "rotation tool" which uses a dedicated window to specify the angle (you can of course make the rotation with the mouse).
- for each point added in a polyline or a polygon, you can specify the angle (relative or not to the last segment) and the length of each segment being created with the "Advanced Digitizing Panel".
- the length of the segment being created is indicated in the "Advanced Digitizing Panel" in live.
Every point of your feature request is implemented and I am closing it.