Bug report #3133
Menus too large for small screens
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||All||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||13193|
I'm using QGIS with an HP 110c mini netbook (because GIS should be portable too), with a screen resolution 1024x600. Two essential QGIS menus - "Options" and "Raster Layer Properties" - default to a size that is too large for my screen resolution. Specifically, the confirmation buttons at the bottom of each aren't visible or selectable, rendering the menus unuseable (see attached screenshots). This is particularly problematic for raster display, since image interpretation is often impossible on the default drawing settings.
I believe the problem could be fixed with either a vertical scrollbar in the menu windows or a smaller default launch size (though the latter option may be inconvenient for users with normal screen sizes).
#7 Updated by Médéric RIBREUX over 4 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed/implemented
- Status changed from Reopened to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Hello, bug triage...
I've made some tests on a 1024x768 screen and both dialog boxes are usable in this small resolution:
- there are scrollbars everywhere on every tab if the screen height is not able to display everything.
- you can always resize the whole dialog box to the required size (minimum width is 800px, minimum height is something like 320px).
I am closing this bug.