Feature request #2754
Snapping to switched off layers
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||wontfix|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||12814|
1. Open two vector layers, for example layer1 and layer2;
2. Settings - Project Properties - Snapping options. Check layer1 and set any tolerance of snapping;
3. Turn off layer1 in TOC. Try to edit layer2. Snapping to switched off layer1 is active.
I suppose it would be good idea to turn off snapping to switched off layers.
#1 Updated by Alexander Bruy about 12 years ago
Here is patch to that implements snapping only to visible layers
#2 Updated by Marco Hugentobler about 12 years ago
In my opinion, we should not overwrite the snap settings based on the visibility of layers. It would lead to an inconsistent state of the snap settings dialog (where the layer still is marked for snapping).
And it is not totally impossible that a user sets snapping to a non-visible layer. So better separate the properties snappable and visible.
#3 Updated by Marco Hugentobler about 12 years ago
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from Open to Closed