Bug report #2298
Native QFileDialogs don't remember last filter value
|Affected QGIS version:||master
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||12358
When opening a raster, the default is now vrt, not the most common file format around; the window does not remember last user's choice, which is even more annoying. Tiff looks a more reasonable default
I believe it is a linux only problem, if I'm not wrong under windows tiff is the default.
under windows the program uses the last used format when the dialog is open. On linux the dialog opens always with vrt... pretty annoying.
This seems the same issue of the "Save As" feature.
The QFileDialog doesn't change the selected filter value when user switches between filters.
If it's right, this could be an issue only on Gnome.
Does anybody have the same problem on KDE?
Yes, the same problem on KDE. Native QFileDialogs reject the last filter value and select the first options. Non-native QFileDialogs work fine (e.g. Raster->Contour->Input raster). Seems like Qt bug. There was idea of allowing users to choose between native and non-native QFileDialogs.
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.0 to Version 1.7.4
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Affected QGIS version set to master
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 1.8.0
- Target version changed from Version 1.8.0 to Version 2.0.0
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Future Release - Lower Priority
- Regression? set to No
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Easy fix? set to No
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to worksforme
Apparently solved in master, at least on Gnome 3. Please reopen if still true in some DE.
Also available in: Atom