Bug report #21097
Opening shapefiles in ZIP gives Invalid Datasource
|Affected QGIS version:||3.4.4
|Operating System:||Windows 10
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||28915
In the latest version of Qgis it is no longer possible to open a zipped shapefile. I get the "(filename) is an invalid datasource" error warning.
- The issue is not present in 3.2
- I noticed this using drag-and-drop but the Layer-Add layer-Add vector layer route does not work either
- The issue is both with zipfiles on a NAS and local C drive.
- the issue seems independent on the actual content of the shapefile
I will try this again at my home installation.
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
please attach sample data.
Sample data doesn't matter I can reproduce it with any zip file on windows (but only through the data source manager: the browser is fine).
I just tried a current master build on windows and I could not reproduce, while with a master build of two weeks ago I still can, can you please try the latest master build and check if the problem is still there?
Just tried it at home, no issues there. Probably local issue? I'll test more monday.
Please make sure you test the three scenarios:
1 - drag and drop into the canvas
2 - open from the QGIS browser panel
3 - open from the data source manager dialog
Tried on a clean installation, problem seems to have resolved itself. could someone close the issue for now?
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Also available in: Atom