Bug report #20556
processing doesn't output a shapefile's encoding
|Affected QGIS version:||3.5(master)
|Operating System:||Microsoft Windows (any)
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||28376
The tools in "processing", like "split vector layer" don't write any information about encoding of shapefiles.
Postprocessing the files is very hard because you either have to know where they come from and which charset they might be in.
- Subject changed from processing doesn't output encoding for shapefiles to processing doesn't tell about shapefile's encoding
- Subject changed from processing doesn't tell about shapefile's encoding to processing doesn't tell output shapefile's encoding
- Subject changed from processing doesn't tell output shapefile's encoding to processing doesn't output a shapefile's encoding
- Category changed from Unknown to Processing/Core
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
If I'm not wrong this is change compared to 2.18, correct?
- Related to Bug report #20614: Problem with encoding when using GRASS (v.generalize) through QGIS added
Just made a test on 3.6 and seems good to me. Please check again.
Also available in: Atom