Bug report #20505
Moving a node with vertex tool (current layer) moves identical node in other layers if topological editing is enabled
|Affected QGIS version:||3.4.3||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||28325|
- Two layers in editing mode, two identical polygons
- both layers visible
- Layer 1 is active, layer 2 is not active
- Vertex tool with current layer mode
- Moving a node does only move it in layer 1 if topological editing is disabled => expected behaviour
- Moving a node does move it in both layers if topolgical editing is enabled
IMHO vertices of all layers should only be moved if the vertex tool is in the All-Layers mode, Topological-editing mode ist different from that because it moves common vertices within one layer
#2 Updated by zimirrr leonid about 1 year ago
I confirm the error also. Qgis 3.4.3.
I found out that when selected Vertex Tool(All layers) it moves nodes only in active layer, but when selected Vertex Tool(Current Layer) then it tries to move all found nodes in all layers. I suggest the problem is in icons.
#4 Updated by Bernhard Ströbl 12 months ago
- Resolution set to invalid
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Ok, after discussion with Martin here I do understand this is not a bug but a feature. This is the intended way for the tool to behave. My impression of current layer versus all layers was, that this decides on which layers I change features by e.g. moving common vertices. In fact it decides on which layers (current versus all) I may interact with.