Bug report #2049
Choosing Move Item Content in the print composer override Lock Layers
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Debian||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||wontfix|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||12109|
- Add the vector data attached to the ticket
- Choose Unique Value Style
- Create a new printer composer instance, add the map and set Lock Layers On
- Back to Qgis and change the style of the layer to anything and add it to the print composer
- Qgis is fine and the two maps have got different style
- From the composer toolbar choose "Move Item Content" and click on the first map (the one with the Lock On)
- After moving the map the style change as the Lock is Off.
#1 Updated by Marco Hugentobler almost 11 years ago
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from Open to Closed
This is intended. 'Lock layers' means only to lock the layers displayed in a composer map, not their appearance.
Common use-case is this: you have 10 layers, but like to only display 2 of them in an overview map. So you set the 2 layers visible, add a composer map (as overview), select 'lock layers'. Then you go back to main map, set all 10 visible and add a second composer map in composer. Like that, you can have 2 composer maps displaying different layer sets (not layer styles).