Bug report #20173
KML loading bug
|Affected QGIS version:||3.2.3||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||up/downstream|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||27994|
There is a bug with loading some kml/kmz files with raster data:
steps to reproduce:
1.create a kmz file with Geoserver 2.14: layer preview sf:sfdem, kmz format (attached)
(note a bugfix for kmz creation Geoserver @ 2.13 https://osgeo-org.atlassian.net/browse/GEOS-8541)
2. try to load the file you created: sf-sfdem.kmz with QGIS - note only a blank rectangle (same result in QGIS 2.18 and 3.2.3)
3. unzip the kmz, try to load the internal wms.kml - same results.
4. edit wms.kml, Remove the following 4 lines: <Document> </Document> <Folder> </Folder> save as wms1.kml (also attached)
5.1 open the edited wms1.kml in QGIS 2.18 the raster will be loaded (but with a random palette, if you load images\layers_0.png in an image viewer it will be loaded with a predefined palette).
5.2 open the edited wms1.kml in QGIS 3.2.3 nothing will be loaded.
#3 Updated by Even Rouault over 1 year ago
- Resolution set to up/downstream
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Fixed in GDAL master per https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/467b088edd18f90744bccac9ff6d83a6a5d92d93 and in release/2.4 branch (for 2.4.1) in https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/ec4bd32cd591b672274383f7c06da1d58a2a3500