Bug report #20101
[Processing] "Buffer" is not listed as an edit in place algorithm for polygon layer
|Affected QGIS version:||3.3(master)
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||27923
"Buffer" is not listed as an edit in place algorithm for polygon layer while "multi-ring" alg is.
Enable in-place buffer on polygons
Fixes #20101 - "Buffer" is not listed as an edit in place algorithm for polygon layer
- Tracker changed from Bug report to Feature request
This is not a bug but a feature request: native:buffer algorithm do not inherit from QgsProcessingFeatureBasedAlgorithm hence it is not suitable for in-place, it needs refactoring.
- Assignee set to Alessandro Pasotti
Let's see if we can sneak this into 3.4 ...
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
Wait, the dissolve option is a showstopper: there is no way to maintain it with a feature based algorithm, need to check with Nyall if we have a recipe for this kind of situation.
Nevermind, I've found a solution.
- Tracker changed from Feature request to Bug report
- Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
- Regression? set to No
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Affected QGIS version set to 3.3(master)
- Pull Request or Patch supplied changed from No to Yes
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
Also available in: Atom