Bug report #20074
Blank canvas after applying filter/query builder
|Affected QGIS version:||3.3(master)||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||27896|
I imported a lines vector layer from OSM. I then used query builder to apply a filter, e.g. "highway" = 'primary'. After pressing 'Test', the Query Result said it found 227 rows. Going back to the layer, all features had disappeared - nothing showing at all for that layer, other layers were unchanged. I tried this same approach using different filed and filters and it had the same result. I tried this same approach on the OSM polygon vector layer and it also did the same thing - everything in that layer disappears when the filter is turned on, even though the query result is saying that it found x rows.
#4 Updated by Ivan Ivanov almost 2 years ago
- File Untitled.png added
I just confirmed the problem exists on 3.2.3 with the previous note.
I installed the weekly x64 build (9ccb1b579b) and can confirm the issue still exists. Steps to reproduce:
1) get any .osm file and import a layer from it
2) apply any filter e.g. 1 = 1
3) press Test button, it shows an alert box with features count. However, the features from the .osm layer disappear from the map. The same happens if you press OK.
I think there is a related issue, if you clear the filter expression and press the Test button, you see a message with an untouched placeholder:
The where clause returned %n row(s).
Both issues are on .osm layers only. Check the attachment for more info of the latter issue.
#7 Updated by Saber Razmjooei almost 2 years ago
- Affected QGIS version changed from 3.2.3 to 3.3(master)
- Operating System deleted (
- Subject changed from All features on a layer disappear after applying filter/query builder to Blank canvas after applying filter/query builder
- File applying filter and blank canvas.gif added
The problem is even worse. The whole canvas goes blank for me.