Bug report #19987
Anchor point legend not firmly anchored in template
|Affected QGIS version:||3.2.1||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||27809|
I created the following layout templates with legends:
- Legend in the upper-right corner.
- Anchor point in the upper right corner.
- The legend has 'auto-update' turned on.
My problem is that with a new map using this template, the legend moves. I think this is what happens:
- The legend get rescaled with new items, making it longer / shorter and wider / smaller.
- The upper-left corner stays at the same place as in the template.
- The upper-right corner gets recalculated using the upper-left corner and new width.
- The upper-right corner gets anchored again with the new position.
- template 19x19 cm page
- legend width during making of the template: 5 cm.
- anchor point upper-right corner: X = 19.0 cm, Y = 0.0 cm.
- legend width in new map: 5.5 cm.
- legend upper-left corner: X = 14.0 cm, Y = 0.0 cm.
- legend new anchor point upper-right: X = 19.5 cm, Y = 0.0 cm.
#1 Updated by Harrissou Santanna almost 3 years ago
- Regression? changed from No to Yes
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- create a legend item
- set an anchor other than the upper left
- Use the filter legend by map content : the legend is resized based on the upper left instead of the right.
This is a regression as it should have been fixed since #11321.