Bug report #19925
With nested models, outputs from child model do not appear in the dialog when run from the toolbox
|Affected QGIS version:||3.3(master)||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows 10||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||27749|
When working with nested models (an user model in another user model) in processing, outputs from child models don't appear as output from the parent's model when triggered from the toolbox.
Steps to reproduce
- Create a "child model" with a vector input and basic function (e.g. buffer) which you set as output
- Create a "parent model" with a vector input and the "child model", which you set as output
- From the toolbox, run the algorithm, and note that the output layer doensn't appear in the dialog
- Strangely, everything works as expected when using the "play" button from the modeler itself.
- Algorithms are likely to fail because of missing OUTPUT parameter