Bug report #19743
New lines character is weirdly rendered in layout label item text, breaking expressions
|Affected QGIS version:||3.3(master)||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Windows 10||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||27568|
Open a layout and add a label item
Using the "Insert expression" button, I wrote a long multiline expression, to improve readability.
Code looks valid and I applied.
Later on, I decided to add more details to the expression, hence selected the whole content of the label item's "main properties" frame, including the brackets and click "insert expression"
In the new dialog, the previously successful expression is marked as invalid and some weird characters are added to the command.
Give a look to the attached image showing the code I first wrote, and then how it's rendered at reopening the dialog.
It looks like the new line character is not handled in the code.
[layouts] Fix label expression contains unicode characters when edited