Bug report #18742
[Layout] In multisize pages layout, exporting to PDF does not behave correctly when first page is excluded
|Affected QGIS version:||3.3(master)||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||26629|
Create a 2 pages layout (first page A4, the other A3)
Add items on them
Export the layout to PDF: you get a PDF with two different sizes of page. Great
In the first page properties, check "Exclude page from exports"
Now export to PDF: you get only the second page but it's cropped to an A4 extent.
- Set the new page as A4 and made the export: I got the two pages with right sizes (first with A4, second with A3). good
- Resized that second page to A3 (hence A4-A3-A3) and again the export is wrong: the second page is an A4 (instead of being A3)
- Resized again the second page to A5 (hence A4-A5-A3) and again the export is wrong: the second page is an A4 (instead of being A5)
- Keeping the last sizes, exclude also the A5 : result is wrong (I get a third page that is A4 instead of A3)
- Keeping the last sizes, made the A4 exportable but exclude the A5: result is good (A4 and A3)
- Excluding page 2 and 3 (keeping only the first page exportable) : result is good
I don't know if i narrowed enough the issue but it looks like excluding the first page of the layout removes it from the export but still applies its size to the next page to export.
#1 Updated by Harrissou Santanna almost 2 years ago
- Affected QGIS version changed from 3.1(master) to 3.3(master)
Still present and I think the isssue is what I concluded previously:
it looks like excluding the first page of the layout removes it from the export but still applies its size to the next page to export.
Using a layout with all A3 pages but different orientations, I need a PDF per page instead of a PDF for the whole layout so had to manually iteratively exclude pages (#14060 would be a nice feature): the first and excluded page being portrait all the PDF display an A3 portrait paper (including for landscape layout pages).