Feature request #1841
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||11901|
i was wondering if it's possible to add a horizontal capability for the legend in print composer
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 9 years ago
- Assignee deleted (
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
stefano campus wrote:
is this feature goingo to be added?
not sure if is in the roadmap. Anyway if someone is interested to support the development of a feature it should not be hard to implement.
#12 Updated by Radim Blazek about 9 years ago
Multi column support was added (legend Item properties > General > Column count).
Layers are not split, but it would be probably useful to implement optonal layer items splitting because multiple columns with different heights may look bad.
Division of layers to columns is interesting optimization problem BTW, sort of bin packing problem.
Not yet closing because it needs testing and code cleanup.
#13 Updated by Andreas Neumann about 9 years ago
Thanks for this.
The problem with the width too small when having only one column seems to be fixed now.
I also think that the application did not crash, but it just takes too long for many layers/entries and I was impatient and killed QGIS after a certain time. Typically, when going beyond 4-6 columns it takes a very long time.
I have a few other suggestions/questions:
- splitting single layers into multiple columns would be definitely a plus - often some layers have a lot of entries, and some only one or two
- it would be great if we could control the spacing between the columns
- for some purposes it would look good if all columns would be of the same widths - determined by the longest overall entry
The first two bullet items would be great, the third is more a nice to have.
Thanks again for your work!
#14 Updated by Radim Blazek about 9 years ago
Significantly rewritten in 86c21184:
- division of layers into columns is using simple heuristic so that it is always fast but it may result in suboptimal combination
- new option to allow splitting of layers into multiple columns
- new option to use equal width for all columns
It seems to work but the last commit is significant code changes so I am leaving the issue open for now. Please test and report both positive and negative results.
#16 Updated by Louis-Pierre Beaudry over 8 years ago
I am totally new to QGIS, and although it seems that this issue was solved, I don't see it in the 1.8.0 versio nof QGIS. I saw references to new files, but as a newbie I must admit that where I must put these files is not evident. I didn't know what the keywords were to describe these files, so I thought I could ask here, even though it is not technically related to the initial issue.
If someone could explain me what I am supposed to do to get these options, it would help me a lot.