Bug report #18380
Unable to embed layer groups from other project. But able to import specific layer from a group
|Affected QGIS version:||3.1(master)||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Windows 10||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||26270|
On previous versions of QGIS I was able to import entire layer groups and their layers and symbology from other project files. Now when I do the same I get the layer names in the layer tree, but nothing appears.
It does work when I select a specific layer from the parent project file, but it does not when I want embed an entire layer group.
#4 Updated by Etiënne Thomassen over 4 years ago
- File step5_result_ext_3.PNG added
- File step6_result_ext_3.PNG added
- File step4_result_ext_2.PNG added
- File step3_result_ext_1.PNG added
- File step2_new_project_select_embed.PNG added
- File step1_source_project_ext.PNG added
- File embed.gpkg added
- File source_project_ext.qgs added
I have enclosed a project file and a geopackage with 3 tables which are referenced from the project file.
Thanks to making these files, I now have additional feedback. I added screenshots of the steps I take.
- embedding layers from another project does not preserve the order of the layer(groups)
- layer groups embedded from another project are inactive after importing
- activating them does not make them visible
- moving a layer group seems to activate them and enables me to either make them visible. Or they appear after moving them when I already activated the layer
#6 Updated by Jan Lippmann over 4 years ago
i can confirm. embedded layer and groups from other projects appears in the project (layertree) in which the groups/layer loaded in, BUT no layer data and no symbology appear. no embedded layer appear in the snap options.
affected version is 3.0.1
this problem do not accure with actual master.
OS:Win 7 64bit
Kompiliert gegen Qt
Kompiliert mit GDAL/OGR
Läuft mit GDAL/OGR
Kompiliert mit GEOS
Läuft mit GEOS