Bug report #17539
I can only create one spatial Bookmark in current master
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||Yes|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||25436|
Creating a new project, and for example add some wms layers like:
"tileMatrixSet=EPSG:28992&crs=EPSG:28992&layers=brtachtergrondkaart&styles=&format=image/png&url=http://geodata.nationaalgeoregister.nl/tiles/service/wmts/brtachtergrondkaart", # uri
"wmts master example", # name for layer (as seen in QGIS)
"wms" # dataprovider key
zooming in and create a bookmark (and not adding a name), I cannot add a new bookmark anymore. Nor via Menu, nor via Ctrl-B
Tested on a fresh build on Debian, and a fresh nightly on Windows today.
Also tested both with an existing profile AND a super fresh one.
#6 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde almost 4 years ago
@Alessandro, see also https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2017-November/050696.html
I think the actual functionality/user experience is a little smelly too
#10 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
Reopening, as still things are not going well.
First: thanks for showing the actual epsg-code in the SRID table now!! Much better then the internal crs id it was before!
Things that go wrong with me here:
1) checkbox is not checkable unless you restart QGIS. To reproduce:
- make sure you do not have any profile info (I removed .qgis2, ~/.local/share/QGIS AND .config/QGIS)
- open QGIS, add a layer to the fresh project
- create a bookmark
- checkbox is (rightfully) uncheckable/inactive because the project is not named/saved yet
- now save the project by giving it a name
- the checkbox does not become checkable
- not even if you start a new project, and then reopen the first project
- it becomes checkable when you close QGIS and open the project again
2) as soon as you have opened one project, you can use the checkboxes, BUT if you create a new project and select one of the earlier bookmarks (which should not be checkable, as there is NOT a saved project), and you check some bookmarks, AND close QGIS without saving the project to disk. Then open QGIS and the bookmarks are gone (and nowhere saved....)
As said earlier, I think there has not been enough thought one how this could/should be used and all the implications of checking/deleting bookmarks.
Not sure if above issues are fixable easily (I doubt), but current model-merging is not optimal (to be positive). I would think that there should actually 2 tables in the Spatial Bookmarks Panel: one for global bookmarks (saved in qgis.sqlite) and one saved in the project/project file. Then you can ONLY copy a bookmark from one table to the other, and ONLY delete it in one of the two tables (being the qgis-model and the project-model). Opening a fresh project opens (off course) the qgis-model and a fresh project-model. Opening an excisting project opens both.
No need for merging or synchronizing (which is always hell)...
#11 Updated by Alessandro Pasotti almost 4 years ago
First, instead of re-opening this ticket (whose title and description are "I can only create one spatial..." and appears to be actually fixed) you should create separate tickets, for separate issues.
Thas said, I agree that the current merged model is a bit overcomplicated: it took me a while to fix it.
But please, close this one and file another ticket, I'll see what I can do to fix the "in project" issue while I'm am fresh.