Bug report #17458

QGIS freezes when naming a style rule

Added by Mathieu Bossaert 8 days ago. Updated 2 days ago.

Status:Feedback
Priority:High
Assignee:-
Category:Symbology
Affected QGIS version:2.18.14 Regression?:Yes
Operating System:linux (xubuntu 16.04) Easy fix?:No
Pull Request or Patch supplied:No Resolution:
Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:No

Description

Good morning,

when I try to edit the name of a rule in the "rule based style" editor, QGIS freeze and I have no other choice than kill the process.

Thanks a lot.

Mathieu Bossaert

bug_17458.png (192 KB) Mathieu Bossaert, 11/17/2017 06:09 PM


Related issues

Copied to QGIS Application - Bug report #17480: QGIS freez when naming a style rule Closed 11/14/2017

History

#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 8 days ago

  • Status changed from Open to Feedback

Please attach a sample project with sample data to allow us try replicate here (I cannot replicate with data of my own, same qgis version and platform). Thanks!

#2 Updated by Bauke Koole 6 days ago

#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 5 days ago

  • Regression? changed from No to Yes
  • Priority changed from Normal to High
  • Subject changed from QGIS freez when naming a style rule to QGIS freezes when naming a style rule

#4 Updated by Mathieu Bossaert 5 days ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Please attach a sample project with sample data to allow us try replicate here (I cannot replicate with data of my own, same qgis version and platform). Thanks!

I can but it will not give you any information. I just tried to create a new project, with other data and I have the same freeze (clicking the edit button).

#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 3 days ago

Mathieu Bossaert wrote:

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Please attach a sample project with sample data to allow us try replicate here (I cannot replicate with data of my own, same qgis version and platform). Thanks!

I can but it will not give you any information. I just tried to create a new project, with other data and I have the same freeze (clicking the edit button).

Just tried here, same platform, same QGIS version, no freeze.
Could you try o a clean install? start from (backup and) delete the ~/.qgis2 folder, then restart QGIS. Thanks.

#6 Updated by Mathieu Bossaert 2 days ago

Giovanni Manghi wrote:

Could you try o a clean install? start from (backup and) delete the ~/.qgis2 folder, then restart QGIS. Thanks.

Done : delete .qgis2 directory unistall / reinstall QGIS with no effects.
I can't understand, it looks like when a child window is open but invisible and mother's wait for an action on it.

#7 Updated by Giovanni Manghi 2 days ago

I can't understand, it looks like when a child window is open but invisible and mother's wait for an action on it.

so maybe is just a Desktop manager issue. Have you tried on different ones?

Also available in: Atom PDF