Bug report #16025
[macOS] Control feature rendering order will crash QGIS
|Affected QGIS version:||2.18.14||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||macOS||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes|
When use the "Control feature rendering order" in QGIS 2.18 on mac OSX sierra, it will be crashed.
1. Add the csv file as a layer, ( with header, wgs 84)
2. In the Layer style dialog, check the "Control feature rendering order", define the order express, choose "count"
3. Click the Apply or OK button
I have tried:
1. Convert the csv file to shape file, crashed.
2. Sort the csv file with count column, crashed.
3. Decrease some lines of the csv file (about ~500 lines, total 30.5K lines), not crashed. Maybe memory problems?
#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Control feature rendering order will crash QGIS to [macOS] Control feature rendering order will crash QGIS
- Category set to Data Provider/Delimited Text
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.18.0 to 2.18.2
Confirmed on macOS (also Sierra here) but not on other platforms.
#5 Updated by Martin Koppenhöfer over 1 year ago
I can confirm this bug (crashing when "control feature rendering order" is activated) also for Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.1) and both, QGIS 2.14.20-1 and QGIS 2.18.14-1 (both are current releases from kyngchaos). I also suppose it is a memory issue, because it doesn't happen (so far) when zoomed in (few features visible).