Bug report #15976
Attribute table: rows are switching when adding attributes
|Affected QGIS version:||2.18.4
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||23892
This doesn't happen in 2.14.9 and is thus a regression. Here's how to reproduce the bug:
1. Create a new Shapefile with a single column named id (this also works with GeoPackage and other formats)
2. Digitize a few features
3. Open the attribute table, click in the first cell, write a number and press Enter
The position of the row (and hence the row number) will change. This also happens for the other rows. This behavior is extremely confusing since it's hard to know which feature you're currently editing.
In my case, it duplicates the number of features in the attribute table. See attached with 3 points in the canvas and 6 rows in the attribute table.
In my case the duplication only happens with shapefiles, that's why I created another ticket (#15974)
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.18.0 to 2.18.4
- Target version set to Version 2.18
the error should be related with that in #15803
probably the effect still remain in qgis3
the initial sort is not applied => applied only when adding/removing column or apply a column sorting explicitly.
Same here + double or missing features after editing. Only happens with shapefiles (I have tested against geopackage).
I am on win 7, 64 bit, german setup. For shapefiles, the attribute table is not usable for me.
- Priority changed from Severe/Regression to High
- Description updated (diff)
hi Ger CO
yes, feature duplication is already reported in #15974
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution deleted (
- Status changed from Closed to Open
- Status changed from Open to In Progress
- Pull Request or Patch supplied changed from No to Yes
- Assignee set to Luigi Pirelli
- Related to Bug report #15974: Rows of the attribute table seem to be duplicated when saving edits in a shapefile added
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
wait some days to backport in 2.18
Also available in: Atom