Bug report #15258
WMS/WMTS don't like special character in requests by 2.16 Nødebo
|Category:||Web Services clients/WMS|
|Affected QGIS version:||2.16.1||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||23194|
I have a WMTS service I use to connect to in QGIS, but after update to 2.16 this service does not work.
Attached is XML for the connection.
#2 Updated by Klas Karlsson almost 4 years ago
Now I've tried a few other WMTS services and most seem to work so, what has changed in 2.16 that makes my particular layer stop working?
Not working: https://api.lantmateriet.se/open/topowebb-ccby/v1/wmts/token/b33b7fec47e14eb6e02539ad1a24cae2/?service=wmts&request=getcapabilities
Is it the https?
#5 Updated by Klas Karlsson almost 4 years ago
I have installed QGIS 2.17 (master) on a clean Xubuntu VM and the WMTS works great (can not trace any fix though)!
"Purging" the install and re-installing 2.16 will enable the service to some extent, but the problem resembles Windows behavior where "tileRequest" is invalid resulting in white tiles.
#7 Updated by Klas Karlsson almost 4 years ago
No change after cleared cache. It is still impossible to add my WMTS layer in QGIS 2.16.
I haven't gone through the process of updating to master, purging, reinstalling, though. Shouldn't be necessary.
Something tells me any shown tiles will be blank too, if the cache is cleared.
New info though: A clean 2.16 install on Windows gives the same problem as on Linux, the WMTS layer can not be added (no cache I guess).
#8 Updated by Klas Karlsson almost 4 years ago
Went back to Windows computer with "semi working" WMTS and cleared cache... Now it is not accepting the WMTS from "Lantmäteriet" at all.
Still, the Norwegian WMTS works... And as far as I can see the only difference is "https" in the Swedish service.
Can I collect some logs somehow to find a possible solution?
#10 Updated by Mattias Spangmyr almost 4 years ago
- File fiddler_output.png added
I also experienced this issue with the same WMS source as Klas Karlsson, also only on 2.16.0.
When comparing the GetCapabilities-requests between 2.16.0 and 2.14.4 with Fiddler the only difference I found was the "User-Agent" in the HTTP header. In 2.14.4 it's given as "Mozilla/5.0 QGIS/2.14.4-Essen" while in the new version it's "Mozilla/5.0 QGIS/2.16.0-Nødebo".
If I "fiddle" with the request and change the header's User-Agent to "Mozilla/5.0 QGIS/2.16.0-Nodebo" the request is accepted with the expected response.
My guess is that the WMS provider in this case does not allow exotic characters in the HTTP header. This would explain why the same WMS suddenly works again in 2.17 with no apparent fixes.
#12 Updated by Anita Graser almost 4 years ago
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.16.0 to 2.16.1
- Operating System deleted (
- OS version deleted (