Feature request #151
Copying of basic symbology (e.g. colour) to other layers needed
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||fixed|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||10210|
Dragging and dropping files between different file groups in the legend works sometimes and doesn't work other times. I can put 2 or 3 files into the one group, but no more.
#1 Updated by Gavin Macaulay - about 15 years ago
I've worked out why drap and drops seem inconsistent - they only happen if the source layer has the same underlying data structure as the destination. This includes having the same number of fields, the same field names, etc. While I can see the reasoning for this, I'm often just wanting to use drap and drops to make layers all the same colour. Hence this ticket isn't a bug, and I'll turn it into an enhancement for a later version.
Perhaps we need a way to copy 'basic symbology' to other layer files to compliment the current drag and drop which requires very similar layers before it allows a drop.
#2 Updated by Tim Sutton about 14 years ago
- blocker - bugs that should block the release. Since we are going to release pretty much 'come what may' I would like no bugs
- allocated to this category without consultation with me and / or PSC
- critical - bugs that cause the application to crash or corrupt data
- major - application features that do not function at all
- minor - features that function but imerfectly e.g. labels placing incorrectly
trivial - gui useability issues or small issues with the documentation, install notes etc.