Bug report #14883
Switching to SVG symbols crashes QGIS
|Affected QGIS version:||2.14.0||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||22836|
I have a point layer that I would like to style using SVG symbols, but QGIS freezes following these steps:
1) Load a point layer from a SHP file.
2) Open the layer properties.
3) In the style section, set the type to SVG.
4) QGIS now freezes and after a few minutes crashes.
QGIS 2.14.0, 64 bit
Windows 7, 64 bit
#1 Updated by Nyall Dawson over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
This will be caused by an invalid SVG somewhere in your SVG search paths. If you can track down which SVG is causing it can you please attach it to this ticket? I need to obtain one of these SVG files in order to track down what's causing the crash.
#4 Updated by Mathieu Pellerin - nIRV over 6 years ago
There's a related issue which would - if fixed - probably alleviate this crasher. Upon fresh installation (at least on linux, haven't tried on windows), QGIS silently adds the user's home directory to the additional SVG paths settings. It's a significant issue, causing:
- major slow downs when switching to SVG markers since QGIS compiles all images from the user's home directory and its sub directories
- can cause crash if it hits problematic files as described in this ticket