Bug report #14465
Styling of Microsoft SQL data not working
|Affected QGIS version:
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:
|Copied to github as #:
Styling of data coming from Microsoft SQL Server does not work. When applying a style that is dependant on data, for example setting a categorized or rule dependant fill or labelling, the only thing that is rendered is the default color or label. Using the same exact style (via copy and paste) on the postgre or shapefile works correctly. The styling also worked in 2.8.7 ltr. Looks like a bug in the MS-SQL driver or render engine.
I have doen the follwoing to reproduce the error:
- Create a table with a geometry column and a nvarchar(50) column as identifier (for categorized style or labelling)
- Add this table as a layer in QGIS
- Apply a label render with the label being the nvarchar column. The text is not rendered on the map.
- Apply a categorized or rule based style with the nvarchar column, only the default is rendered. The column does not seem to be evaluted.
- This applies to all kinds of geometry, points, lines and polygons.
- Using the same style on exactly the same table in postgre or as a shapefile works correctly.