Bug report #14323
Checkbox "Control feature rendering order" is not honored
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Yes||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||22311|
The checkbox Control feature rendering order implies the user can enable or disable the sorting by the order-by-clause shown next to it. However the order-by-clause is used regardless of the status of this checkbox.Reproduce:
- Check the checkbox
- Define an order by clause
- Uncheck the checkbox
- Apply the changes
- -> Rendering order is controlled by the order-by-clause
#2 Updated by Sebastian Dietrich over 7 years ago
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Subject changed from Checkbox "Control feature rendering order" is checked without user interaction to Checkbox "Control feature rendering order" is not honored
I agree that this is bad UX.
It is even worse. Note that I had to change the subject and description because the checkbox is completely ignored. Only the order-by-clause determines the rendering order, regardless of the checked-state of the checkbox.
I raised the priority to Blocker because I think a new feature must not come with such a misleading UI.
#4 Updated by Sebastian Dietrich over 7 years ago
- Pull Request or Patch supplied changed from No to Yes
See PR 2809 for a solution. It is just a quick fix replacing the checkbox with a label and should act as a fall-back plan in case no better solution can be implemented before the upcoming release (7 days from now).