Bug report #13970
Relation reference widget does not retain values
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||21984|
After a relation reference widget is filled, form closed and layer edits saved, the id of related feature is saved in the attribute table. But, on additional opening of the form, relation reference widget is not filled with correct values, instead showing the last entry in the parent relation.
This defeats the whole purpose of the widget.
If i remember correctly this was working fine in the 2.10 but i cannot confirm because i no longer have it installed.
I'm enclosing screenshots:
- on "before" image the value is entered. Coresponding id (14) is saved in the attribute table.
- on "after" image the form is reopened and the relation reference widget loads the data for last entry in parent reference (id: 27)
#2 Updated by Sebastian Dietrich over 4 years ago
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.12.0 to master
- Operating System deleted (
- Category changed from Forms to Relations
- File QgisRelationWidgetNull.PNG added
The behaviour seems to have changed from showing the last entry to showing the NULL entry.
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to end of life
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR