Feature request #1385
"Field" Support for Print Composer
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||11445|
It would be useful to have "field" support in the print composer. Fields are variables and would be part of text labels in the print composer. The field value/content would be replaced when printing/previewing the map layout. Fields are common in text-processing.
Potential candidates for fields are:
- current date, proposed fieldname: currentDate
- current username (on an operating system level), proposed fieldname: currentUser
- current project title, proposed fieldname: currentProjectTitle
- current projection, proposed fieldname: currentProjection
- current map units, proposed fieldname: currentMapUnits
Are there more useful field names in this context?
There would have to be delimiters who separate fieldnames from regular text, potential formats:
#7 Updated by Andreas Neumann almost 8 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
This is implemented as part of the Atlas plugin. It allows to use the expression builder for any label element in print composer. People may want additional expressions, but they should go into the expression builder.