Bug report #13763
QGIS crashes when doing a buffer with ftools
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed/implemented|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||21789|
QGIS crashes on doing buffer on a polygon area that has been generated from open street map. The dataset has been extracted from the QGIS training manual in section 7.2.10 . I have tested this on windows and ubuntu 15.04, ubuntu 15.10. The version of QGIS is 2.12 and 2.10.
#1 Updated by Raymond Nijssen about 4 years ago
While trying to replicate this bug some things were not clear to me. Paragraph 7.2.10 is describing an intersection and not a buffer. However, the previous paragraphs are about buffering, and the intersection uses a buffer layer as input. Could you please provide:
- a zip file with the vector data you try to buffer
- the function and input parameters you are using
#3 Updated by Admire Nyakudya about 4 years ago
The section I was referencing is the one in section 7.2.9 of the training manual. I have attached the screenshots of the commands Running qgis in the terminal results in a segmentation fault.
#4 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 4 years ago
- Subject changed from QGIS crash on opening dataset in training manual to QGIS crashes when doing a buffer with ftools
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.12.0 to master
- OS version deleted (
15.04 ,15.10 and windows 7,10)
- Operating System deleted (
ubuntu and windows)
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
Confirmed here on master.
The appeared after 2.8.3 (not sure if in 2.10 or 2.12).