Bug report #13288
Geopackage support not working in QGIS Browser
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||wontfix|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||21346|
In QGIS Browser the geopackage connections show "invalid metadata".
Adding geopackage layers using the "add vector layer" dialog works as expected.
#1 Updated by Giuseppe Sucameli almost 5 years ago
About GPKG support on DBManager, it's fixed in 03916d549.
Now tables are listed with geometry, table and preview panels display data, you can drop the vector table to QGIS canvas or use the context menu entry. Editing is disabled as not implemented.
Please, close this ticket (changing ticket description) and file a new one for GPKG support on QGIS Browser.
#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 5 years ago
- Category changed from DB Manager to Browser
- Subject changed from Geopackage support not working in DB Manager and QGIS Browser to Geopackage support not working in QGIS Browser
Thanks Giuseppe for the fixes!
Beside the missing geopackage/browser support I still see a number of inconsistencies:
where the user can create a new, empty geopackage db? In "layer > new layer" there is no "new geopackage layer", that should lead as for spatialite, to a button that allows create a new empty db.
- in DB Manager the geopackage/spatial tables are all identifies by the icon with the "?" (the type of geometry is not identified), is this correct?
- geopackage tables all show the "no spatial index defined (create it)" link, but once clicked this does nothing.
#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 3 years ago
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Nyall Dawson wrote:
Not a blocker anymore. These subissues should really be split off into their own issues.
in 2.18.4 and master in qgis browser there is not anymore any gpkg support. Will eventually file a new feature request ticket.