Bug report #1303
Export as image type tif/tiff in print composer broken
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||RedHat||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||worksforme|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||11363|
1. Open print composer
2. Create a map (altough a empty map will do it)
3. Export it as an tiff or tif image
4. The resultling tiff ist not valid, at least the header of the file is corupted. This cause other programs not to accept the tif as an image file.
#2 Updated by cmoe - about 12 years ago
I used xnview, alchemy and corel draw, all of them say the same. So I opened it in a hex editor. The header of the file fails in the first 4 bytes, which should state the endian type and the number '42' (See http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/tiff/TIFF6.pdf , page 13). We use Qt4.3.4. I added an attachment of the output.
#3 Updated by Tim Sutton almost 12 years ago
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Closing this bug as 'works for me'. Tested on ubuntu 8.04 using standard Qt4.4 packages. Marco also tested using Qt4.3. Probably the issue relates to the way that your Qt4.x is compiled.