Bug report #12299
Connection error when using German umlaut in search string
|Category:||MetaSearch Catalogue Client|
|Affected QGIS version:||master
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No
||Copied to github as #:||20477
I am trying to search within this catalog.
When I include German umlaut such as
ü in the search string the following error message pops up:
Connection error: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\\xe4 in position 723: ordinal not in range(128)
I use QGIS 2.8.1. with MetaSearch 0.3.3.
I can't reproduce this at all with the same QGIS and MetaSearch versions (on Windows). I'll keep testing, perhaps if others can try on other OSs?
- Crashes QGIS or corrupts data set to No
- Project changed from 218 to QGIS Application
- Affected QGIS version set to master
- Category set to MetaSearch Catalogue Client
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- Resolution set to not reproducable
- Status changed from Closed to Reopened
Hi Tobias: I still cannot reproduce. Can you provide some test keywords you are using?
- Status changed from Reopened to Closed
Also available in: Atom