Bug report #12118
Advanced digitizing toolbar not shown on first install
|Affected QGIS version:||2.8.2||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||20312|
On a clean first install of QGIS, the "Advanced Digitizing Toolbar" is not shown although it is checked as so in the settings.
To view this toolbar, one shall:
1. configuration -> uncheck the toolbar
2. Close/reopen QGIS
3. configuration -> check the toolbar
4. Close/reopen QGIS
It is quite unintuitive, and I'm not all users will achieve this path...
#3 Updated by Paolo Cavallini over 5 years ago
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.6.0 to 2.8.2
- Target version changed from Future Release - High Priority to Future Release - Nice to have
- Priority changed from High to Normal
I agree that it should be checked by default. In fact, it should not even be called Advanced, as it includes pretty basic functions.
#6 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 2 years ago
- Resolution set to end of life
- Status changed from Open to Closed
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR