Feature request #1199
let the user specify overviews format and compression
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||fixed|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||11259|
Please let the user use either Erdas or TIFF external overviews and set compression on/off. In case of TIFF overviews let him choose compresion scheme DEFLATE/LZW/PACKBITS (JPEG maybe too?); hint that DEFLATE compresses best of the 3 and better than Erdas RLC compression too, but that Erdas overviews are supported also in non-GDAL dependent software like ArcGIS and Erdas Imagine, which improves compatibility.
I'm not sure if internal overvievs can be compressed for non-compressed rasters and vice-versa; that's something to investigate.
#2 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 8 years ago
- Pull Request or Patch supplied set to No
- Target version changed from Version 1.7.4 to Version 1.8.0
- Assignee changed from ersts - to Giuseppe Sucameli
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
- Category changed from Rasters to GDAL Tools
All this options should be already available (or eventually easily added) in the "build overviews" tool in the raster menu. Please leave feedback.