Feature request #11828
Add visual changelog entries as QGIS startup tooltips
|Category:||Documentation and Help|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||20046|
QGIS tips could be made richer by adding individual visual changelog entries as separate tips. In this way, user will learn more quickly about new features for each version, with minimal effort and no duplication.
Currently the tips are cpp source and images are part of the resources:
Visual changelog items can be exported to rst or html, but currently on one page. Some hacking will be needed to do such automatically.
So we could choose:
- copying the text into the ccp file by hand (duplication, not nice, but simple)
- (when user is online) to deeplink to the website with url's like:
and show those in the tips (I do not like the idea of leaving offline users orphans)
- rework the tips, so to separate the C++ frame and the rst content, and take the content straight from the documentation (this wouls also make translation easier and not duplicated).
Thanks Richard for hints.
#2 Updated by Richard Duivenvoorde over 3 years ago
To me the only viable option would be to deep link to online (translated) versions.
Hoping to come to a online (editable) documentation system, which could alternatively be downloaded into a zip and viewed offline...
I have problems getting this from the ground though...
#4 Updated by Paolo Cavallini about 2 years ago
- Status changed from Open to In Progress
- Description updated (diff)
Changelog available from the last menu. Would be good to add a link to https://www.qgis.org/it/site/forusers/visualchangelog30/index.html