Feature request #11732
Update MetaSearch plugin icon
|Category:||MetaSearch Catalogue Client|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||19967|
#4 Updated by Tom Kralidis about 5 years ago
Initial proposal uploaded: https://issues.qgis.org/attachments/9785/MetaSearch.svg
#6 Updated by Tom Kralidis about 5 years ago
- File MetaSearch.svg added
Anita Graser wrote:
Thanks for the proposal Tom! My concerns with the initial proposal would be
- using the magnifying glass which otherwise stands for zooming in a different context
Good point. Options:
- magnifying glass without the
- replace magnifying glass with binoculars (do we have any SVGs with binoculars in QGIS which we can reuse/borrow?)
- something else?
- reliance on text in the icon which otherwise looks like the Add WMS layer icon
True. Any ideas/options would be valuable.
I've posted another icon with (still) the WMS globe but glasses (from the overview icons) for review/comment in https://issues.qgis.org/attachments/9786/MetaSearch.svg
#8 Updated by Tom Kralidis over 3 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
Anita: I'd like to go ahead with https://issues.qgis.org/attachments/download/9786/MetaSearch.svg
#9 Updated by Anita Graser over 3 years ago
- Subject changed from update main plugin icongraphy to Update MetaSearch plugin icon
Thanks Tom, I think that's going the right direction. Have you tried some binoculars, like you previously mentioned? e.g. https://thenounproject.com/search/?q=binoculars#
I see that you reused the glasses from the overview icons. If I remember correctly, there's a recent discussion on the mailing list about removing the overview menu entries at least. If all overview icons are thrown out, I guess it would be fine to reuse the glasses as a "search" symbol. Otherwise, maybe lets try your initial binocular idea.
#11 Updated by Tom Kralidis over 3 years ago
Thanks Anita. Latest icon at https://issues.qgis.org/attachments/download/11565/MetaSearch.svg for review and comment.