Bug report #10728
Processing - "not set" disappears from optional field combo boxes when layer changed
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||19114|
For field combo boxes which are supposed to be optional there's a "[not set]" option. However, this option disappears after selecting a layer from the layer combo box - making the field choice compulsory.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the "Import into PostGIS" algorithm
2. Note how the "Primary key field" is set to "[not set]" - this is the first choice in the combo box
3. Change the "layer to import" combo box to a different layer
4. The "[not set]" option disappears from "Primary key field" - it's now impossible to leave this option blank
[processing] Add [not set] option for field combos when parent layer changes (fix #10728), also fix some strings displaying with extra spaces
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Feedback
confirmed here on Linux. Should this be a blocker?
#2 Updated by Nyall Dawson almost 9 years ago
I'd say yes - it effectively makes any processing algorithms which rely on optional fields unusable.
#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Open
#4 Updated by Nyall Dawson almost 9 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
Fixed in changeset 0a7e69c6a0584a27e7560a1a5ec5e53fbd03b834.
#5 Updated by Giovanni Manghi almost 8 years ago
- Category changed from 94 to Processing/Core