Feature request #10407
Drop symbol onto map feature to style
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:|
|Easy fix?:||No||Copied to github as #:||18823|
This is the just a wild idea but putting it here so I don't forget, plus I think it would be pretty cool.
The idea is to create a new tabbed version of the style manager and allow the user to drag a symbol on to a feature and it would style that feature/s with that symbol.General code model:
- Drop symbol
- Grab active layer
- Find feature under drop point
- Reverse lookup of feature symbol in renderer
- Replace symbol with dropped one
- How to handle dropping over stacked features?
- Rule based renderer with multimatched rules?
The above issue could be solved with a pop out list of options.