Bug report #14704

Updated by Alexander Bruy over 3 years ago

*new description*



Some qgis algs create outputs where the attribute tables have encoding issues. Examples are buffer and dissolve. Maybe others are also affected (an example that works as expected in "voronoi polygons").



Sample data attached.



*old description*

Hi,



I'm using QGIS 2.14.1 on Windows 10 through OSGeo4W setup.



I noticed that if I process a vector layer (i.e. UTF-8 encoded geojson) with QGIS algorithm (i.e. crop, Voronoi, etc) through Processing toolbox, result layer has attribute table with question marks instead expected characters. While if I run the same algorithm through QGIS menu, result layer is correctly encoded.



I noticed also that this affects GDAL/OGR algorithms, besides QGIS algorithms, while not SAGA algorithms.



For reference I open a question first here: http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/190137/qgis-algoritms-have-encoding-problems

Back