Bug report #9708
Handle bad layers fails on a bad WMS layer
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||end of life|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||18271|
When opening a QGIS project with missing/bad WMS layer, "handle bad layers" dialog offers to select a file(!) to fix the issue. The provider is displayed as "none", although in .qgs file it is "wms". Offering a file open dialog to fix WMS issue isn't helpful at all. Together with #8718 it makes opening such projects a real pain.An ultimate solution should contain following options:
- offer a text edit option for the DSN (i.e. I would be happy to just right click on layer source and edit it to replace old WMS server address with a new one);
- use data provider dialog to point to the bad (missing) layer;
- offer an option to mark layer as "unavailable" (see #8718 for rationale).
Tested with QGIS 302ad06 on GNU/Linux.
#3 Updated by Giovanni Manghi about 1 year ago
- Resolution set to end of life
- Status changed from Open to Closed
End of life notice: QGIS 2.18 LTR