Bug report #9565
Dxf2Shp converter plugin does not generate any output with the provided input file
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||worksforme|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Yes||Copied to github as #:||18149|
I have attached the file and dump file. Unfortunately i don't know with what program to read the 24 megabytes crash minidump file, so i cannot help more.
I have also attached the file that is causing the crash.
I have a 32 bits processor, but i don't think that is matter.
#1 Updated by Giovanni Manghi over 7 years ago
- Subject changed from Dxf2Shp Converter Plugin crash when trying to convert a file to Dxf2Shp Converter Plugin does not generates any outout with the provided input file
- Affected QGIS version changed from 2.0.1 to master
- OS version deleted (
- Target version changed from Version 2.0.0 to Version 2.2
- Priority changed from Severe/Regression to Normal
A few notes:
- the crash is confirmed on qgis 2.0.1 on Windows, but not on master. QGIS 1.8 also didn't crashed so actually in master there is no regression.
- on Windows (qgis master, 1.8) no output is generated (using the provided dxf)
- on Linux (master) the plugin creates succesfully the output
- there is a obvious workaround that is loading the dxf into qgis and then export the layers as shapefiles
- the plugin/tool should be unmaintained and if I'm not wrong it has been discussed to remove it, so I'm not sure if it is worth to keep this open