Bug report #868
Helmert transform in Georeferencer plugin creates incorrect world file
|Affected QGIS version:||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Mandriva||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||Resolution:||fixed|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||Copied to github as #:||10927|
Mandriva 2008.0, qgis version 0.8.1, Georeferencer Plugin using the Helmert transform option:
When run on a .jpg image, this creates the following world file called [name_of_raster_file].jpw
The resultant raster file, thought it has a .jpg extension is actually a tiff file. When loading this raster into qgis, it looks for a world file with a .tfw extension and so the resultant raster is in the wrong extent. I renamed the world file to .tfw and the raster loaded in the right extent. However it's off by 881 meters.
I ran the same image on WinXP, version 0.9.0 and got the following world file called [name_of_raster_file].wld
Just to see what would happen, I used the WinXP 0.9.0 world file on the Linux 0.8.1 raster and it worked perfectly. So, that means there are are possibly two issues, which have been fixed in (the windows version of) 0.9.0 The world file doesn't get written correctly and it doesn't get loaded in 0.8.1 because qgis is looking for a .tfw, but the world file is called .jpw.
#2 Updated by Marco Hugentobler almost 13 years ago
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from Open to Closed
This has been fixed for all plattforms. As you describe, the problem was that the world file was not picked up due to the file ending. Now, the world files all have .wld suffixes to be recognized by GDAL. Therefore I'm closing this ticket. Feel free to reopen if there are any remaining issues (in the current 0.9.1 version).