Bug report #8321
GRASS v.distance behaves differently in SEXTANTE and GRASS tools - problems in SEXTANTE
|Affected QGIS version:||master||Regression?:||No|
|Operating System:||Windows XP||Easy fix?:||No|
|Pull Request or Patch supplied:||No||Resolution:||invalid|
|Crashes QGIS or corrupts data:||No||Copied to github as #:||17113|
I have just installed QGIS development version through the OSGEO4W installer.
I want to use v.distance to find the minimum distance to nearest feature ("dist" option).
In GRASS tools, v.distance functions as expected, adding distances to an existing field in the "from" dataset.
Through SEXTANTE, I am facing various problems.
1) The field for adding distances seems to be chosen from the "to" dataset.
2) The field name (for adding distances) has to be uppercase to be choosable.
3) After running v.distance, the dataset with the "connecting lines" is generated, but the distance field is not updated.
4) The text: "Column where values specified by 'upload' option will be uploaded" is a bit misleading, since "upload" is not mentioned in the line above (it is in the GRASS tool version). Could perhaps be changed to "Column where values specified by the above option will be uploaded", or "upload" could be added in parentheses in the option text above.
5) "Output layer" is a bit short as a description. Could perhaps be changed to "Output vector map containing lines connecting nearest elements".
6) v.in.ogr min area (advanced options), could perhaps be explained?
7) Min and max distance is not available among the parameters.